Dave's Workshop
Bathroom Wall Linen Closet - Cabinet

Dave's Workshop Home - Current Projects - Completed Projects - Metalworking
Teamcasa Main Home Page

 

Bathroom Linen Cabinet -

  

 

Half Columns were turned on my lathe and then split in half.  In order to insure a good clean split, I glued a piece of paper between the two halves before turning.  After turning, a sharp blow from a hammer and chisel the turning split right at the paper line.  One pass over the jointer and I have two identical halves. These will go on the lower stiles, below the flutes.

 


After cutting the cockbeading, I fine tune the miters with a Jet 12" disk sander.

 


Open part of the cabinet.  Cockbeading goes around the top opening as it will not get any doors.

 

   
Clamping on the cockbeading around the doors.

 

     
Here I making my own hinge mortise templates.  I cut some 1/4" MDF and pin nailed it to some Baltic birch plywood.  Since I'm using two different sized hinges, I'm making this template two sided. 

 
After fitting and pining the MDF, I used the bandsaw to remove most of the waste and finished using a pattern following bit.

Fitting doors.  Brass screws. Hate 'em!

  

Clamping up the carcass

 

Crown Molding - Glued and ready for fitting and cleanup.

 

Half columns and waist glued - ready for cleanup.  A whole bunch of sanding is still ahead!